#cerealmakeover: Crunchy Cacao Pops
Crunchy Cacao Pops
- 1 cup Raw Buckwheat, rinsed
- 3 cup wholegrain puffed brown rice
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 50ml maple syrup (you can use rice malt syrup for a low sugar alternative)
- 4 teaspoons raw cacao powder
- 1/2 teaspoon natural vanilla extract
- pinch of Himalayan sea salt
- Preheat your oven to 170°C or 350°F
- Line a tray with baking paper.
Rinse the buckwheat and set aside. Place the oil, maple syrup, cacao, vanilla, seasalt into a heat proof bowl. Gently melt this mixture over a saucepan of simmering water. Once melted, add in the puffed rice and buckwheat and mix well until evenly coated with cacao mixture.
- Spread evenly on your baking tray and bake for 7 minutes, then remove from the oven and turn mix.
- Return to the oven and bake for a further 7-10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before storing.
How to eat me... 3 ways
- A perfect crunchy, chocolatey topping for your breakfast smoothie (kids will love this)
- Breakfast bowl- 2 tbsp Bircher muesli, 2 tbsp natural yoghurt, 1 puréed banana, happy sprinkling of crunchy cacao pops and a handful of seasonal berries on top.
- OR nibble and crunch for your well deserved 3pm snack
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.